calendars broken after migration

  • From: "A. M. Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 18:12:19 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I did a migration for an Exchange server by exporting the accounts to PST
files on the old server (Echange 2000) and importing them back in the new
server (Exchange 2003).  The two servers are not in the same AD or forest,
i.e. completely independent of one another (unavoidable).  Now it seems
that calenadrs are broken, such as free/busy is not being displayed
correctly (hash marks), and people are unable to edit recurring
appointments (that existed prior to the migration), and get an error
message such as:

"You do not have the permission to send the emssage on behalf of the
specified user".

Any ideas as to what is missing from the migration?  I am guessing that
what has happened is that the ownership perms no longer apparently match,
because the old server and new server are completely distinct, not in the
same AD or forest and no trust relationship (owned by two completely
different companies).  If I need to re-set permissions on the server, is
there something on the server I can do to "re-sync" these calendar and
other object permissions for all users?

best regards
Mike