RE: bouncing mail

  • From: "Jamie A. Byrnes" <jabyrnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 14:50:46 +0930

Hey Doug,
this sounds like the incorrect bounces I was talking about on the list a
while ago. I would check the headers on the errors to see whats
happening. My most likely guess is that SMTP servers are accepting
particular messages, exchange is rejecting message back to sender, but
the SMTP is forwarding message back to exchange according to the
reply-to rather than return-path - message bounce!
see for info on SMTP header fields.