bouncing mail

  • From: "Stelley, Doug" <dstelley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2003 08:32:08 -0400

A small puzzler for y'all
We have one domain, 1 back-end Ex2K Sp3, 2 front-end Ex2k Sp3 (for OWA),
2 Server with SMTP for inbound/outbond mail routing& redundancy.
95% of all mail is routed fine. But here's an example of when it
doesn't. I'm on this list serv, and if 25 [ExchangeList] mails are
received 2 or 3 of them will not get through and the postmaster(me) will
get this error.
(A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact
your administrator.)
< #4.4.6>
Any ideas on what I might look for?
It only seems to appear on list serv type messages.
- Doug

the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any release, dissemination,
have received this communication in error please notify the author immediately
by replying to this message and deleting the original message. Thank you.