[ExchangeList] blue screen on applying Exchange 2003 post SP2 update

  • From: "Jabber Wock" <jabberwock99@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 16:42:29 -0400

Hi,

I applied the Windows Updates for Exchange Server 2003 SP2 (post-SP2 update) that show up in Windows Updates, on a non-clustered Exchange server

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829

While applying this update, the server apparently rebooted (blue-screened) !  After reboot, I found that the IIS Admin service had been disabled (!) so I had to manually re-enable it and then start all the dependent services.  The System Event Log was also corrupted (I saved the corrupted file).

Has anyone else experienced issues with applying post-SP2 updates for Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003?

TIA!

JW