RE: blocking recieving mail

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:11:31 -0500

The account is just used to send messages from.
It is a mail enabled user account.
Its for compliance reasons.

management wants certain people to be ables to send as that account but they
don't want the account to recieve any internal or external emails.
Perhaps just an NDR if they do or some custom response.

Unfortuantely, the email addy being used is the public dns namespace one so
i don't know how to block external people from responding to this account
without changing the addy to something like account@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Also, I don't want ANY user to have the ability to send to that account
internally as well.

Any help would be great.

Thanks alot