RE: blocking emails with attachments by extension

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:31:28 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

> I think that most Exchange add-ons for Antivirus (IE: McAffe and Norton)
> come with something like that. I did that on our server for a couple
> virii floating around, it's a god send. Keep in mind that you must have
> the add-on to scan the emails, normal AV will not scan them.

That presents another question:  what AV software is recommended?  Many
vendors out there tout AV products for "Exchange" but they are either
exorbitantly priced.  Also I am told that AV products can damage the
mailbox store if you are not careful, so exactly which products are
recommended?  For example, I would appreciate the exact product, not just
the vendor "Norton" or "McAffee" as they each make dozens of products.

best regards
Mike