best way to deal with blackberries without BBES?

  • From: "Harondel J. Sibble" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Dec 2005 23:22:06 -0800

Got this request from one of our users in the Toronto office

    Hi Harondel,
    I would like to request that you set up a 'forwarding rule' on the exchange
    server that copies my email to my lap top and also redirects my e-mail to my
    blackberry.  My blackberry address is .......

This end user has access to OWA and downloads her email via pop3 (sslified)
from our exchange server.  She is the only one of 60 or so staff members with
a BB, so there is zero chance of putting in BBES.  Should I just grant her
request or is there a better way to do this? Ideally something that she can
manage herself? I am getting pretty tired of managing people's BB's cause
they are too lazy to RTFM (a few other clients). Also security policy does
not allow her to setup her BB webmail account to download email from our
exchange server.

This is Ex2k3 enterprise btw.

--
Harondel J. Sibble