RE: backup strategy help

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 08:02:13 -0500

No, if your server crashes you should be ok with NT backup.  Just
restore the Exchange DB.  Advantages over NT Backup in Veritas and
UltraBac are the individual PST & E-mail restore capabilities.  I
haven't messed with the restore functions in Exchange 2003 for doing
things like this so it may be capable of doing the same, can't say
because I've never used it.  There are also features I like in other
backup packages such as e-mail confirmation that the backup completed
successfully (or with errors) and verified ok.