RE: backup strategy help

  • From: "Donavon Yelton" <dyelton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 07:30:24 -0500

I use UltraBac ( for backing up our NAS,
Exchange, etc.  A lot of people have never heard of it but after using
Veritas & NT Backup I would recommend using UltraBac over those two
options.  You can obtain a 45 day free trial of the software (they'll
extend it for you if needed).  Nothing wrong with Veritas, I just like
UltraBac a bit better and they're a smaller company so the support has
more of a personal touch like they actually care about your problems.  I
backup our Exchange DB to tape each night and do mailbox backup each
night (UltraBac allows export of individual PSTs).  The same backup is
also done to a hard drive based server each night for the mailboxes and
DB.  At the end of the month the backups are archived onto another hard
drive based backup server and kept for one year.