audit public folder

  • From: Tom Kern <tpkern@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangemail <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 10:11:56 -0500

What settings do I need to enable to audit public folder creation/deletion?
Do i set the "Audit Directory Service Access" GPO on the Domain Controllers
OU to enable auditing of mail enabled public folders in AD?

Also, do I set "Audit Object Access" on the OU I have my Exchange servers
in, to audit creation/deletion of non mail enabled PF's(these are not in
AD)?

Finally where should I set auditing for these 2 types of PF's?

For mail enabled, should i set them on the Exchange System Objects container
in ADUC?

For non mail enabled, should I set auditing on the Folders branch in ESM?

Thanks alot!