RE: anti virus for msexchange

  • From: "Lomker, Michael" <mlomker@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 13:50:24 -0500

> I got information about Norton antivirus for msexchange, antigen for
> msexchange and Groupshield for msexchange.
> I'm confused, each product announces that it's the best. If

I'd recommend using two products.  I run Trend Micro's antivirus on a gateway
system (including the anti-spam module) that forwards mail to the internal
Exchange servers.  The Exchange servers and the desktops run Norton Corporate
Edition.

I've found Norton's Corporate Edition to be hands-down the best antivirus
package for desktops and servers.  The management GUI and automatic signature
file distribution makes it the best solution, imho.

The problem with Norton is that they can be slow to come out with signatures
for the latest virus threats.  Trend Micro, however, is right on top of it and
the viruses will get caught at the gateway system pretty fast.