[ExchangeList] Re: allow a domain admin to access emails via outlook

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:40:47 -0700

You might want to rethink your design.  Domain Admins should never have
a mailbox, they should not even be reading an email, it's a security
breach.  You should never have anyone logging in as a Domain Admin and
performing day to day activities such as reading eamil, working with
documents, surfing, etc, it's a security breach.  You've opened up your
network to all the little nasties out there.
You should have an account identical to all other users on your network
(the least amount of rights possible to allow productivity), you use
that account all the time.  You then have a seperate account that is
your Admin account, only (I mean ONLY!!!!) used for administrative
duties and never logged into a PC.  Use it to login to a server, but
never a workstation that the general user population has access to,
including yours.  Always login as your normal account and if you need
elevated rights use a "Run As" to launch the tool you need with your
admin account rights.
As for your question, go into ADUC, insure advanced options is checked
under the view menu, go to that user and select the Exchange Advanced
tab, click the Mailbox Rights button and grant the user rights.
George Taylor
Systems Programmer
Regional Health Inc.