accessing exchange server from outside domain

  • From: "Nick Smith" <Nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2005 19:11:03 -0400

i am running exchange 2003 on a server 2003 computer, i have it setup correctly
and can check email with outlook 2003 on my laptop, but when i leave the
domain, aka go somewhere else with an internet connection, it can never find
the exchange server for me to check my mail. i have to use OWA, i would really
rather use outlook.  is there something in exchange i am missing to set up? i
would have thought that it would just work, but i guess not.

thanks for any help

Nick