RE: access from home

  • From: "Keith Duemling" <kduemling@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2003 10:00:50 -0400

Supri,

Do you have an internal DNS service that sync's off your companies ISP
DNS?

What we did was associate an MX record with our companies domain
mail.company.com and we have that as an MX record in our DNS server
which associates mail.company.com with the correct internal IP address
of our Exchange server.  This allows us to use both the OWA by using
http://mail.company.com/exchange/username/  and entering
"mail.company.com" in email software when accessing it both internally
and externally.

Not sure if this is the best solution, but it works for us, so it might
give you a starting path.

Keith Duemling
kduemling@xxxxxxx

Computer Security: "There is no 'patch' for stupidity."