RE: about the smtp

  • From: "John Tolmachoff \(Lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 07:10:31 -0700

NO!

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Periyasamy, Raj [mailto:Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 6:07 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: about the smtp
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> You need to add your IIS-SMTP host IP address to the allowed relay hosts
> list in the Exchange SMTP Virtual Server.
> 
> 
> Regards,
> 
> Raj
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Prabin shrestha [mailto:dallucha@xxxxxxxxx]
> Sent: Friday, September 17, 2004 12:35 AM
> To: [ExchangeList]
> Subject: [exchangelist] RE: about the smtp
> 
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
> 
> raj,
> I have already FQDN also in smart host but its sends
> oly to the exchange internal domain user. when I send
> mail to internet user mail return
> smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for the address
> but I can send the mail to internet user using
> exchange web mail and outlook express after as you
> have suggested. Now what I have to do for this.
> 
> regards
> prabin
> 
> --- "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> 
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> >
> > Prabin.
> > To configure smart host in IIS-SMTP, right click on
> > Default SMTP Virtual
> > Server - Properties. Click on Delivery tab, Click on
> > Advanced tab, add
> > the smart host with its FQDN.
> >
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Raj
> >
> >
> >
> > -----Original Message-----
> > From: Prabin shrestha [mailto:dallucha@xxxxxxxxx]
> > Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 11:23 AM
> > To: [ExchangeList]
> > Subject: [exchangelist] RE: about the smtp
> >
> > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> >
> > thanks Raj,
> >         it was sloved by  your help. I have a same
> > problem by web server too. web server is in another
> > computer. I am send mail throught smtp of IIS. but I
> > have set the smart host as exchange server. what I
> > need to do in web server or smtp of that web server.
> > Please guide my.
> >
> > Regards
> > Prabin
> >
> > --- "Periyasamy, Raj" <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > >
> > > Shrestha,
> > > Edit the OE email account properties, click on
> > > Servers tab, under
> > > Outgoing mail server, put check in My server
> > > requires authentication.
> > > Click on Settings button, and select same settings
> > > as my incoming mail
> > > server (default). Save the settings and restart OE
> > > and try.
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > >
> > > Raj
> > >
> > >
> > > -----Original Message-----
> > > From: Prabin shrestha [mailto:dallucha@xxxxxxxxx]
> > > Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:44 AM
> > > To: [ExchangeList]
> > > Subject: [exchangelist] RE: about the smtp
> > >
> > > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > >
> > > thanks raj,
> > >  no that computer is not ont he domain. now what
> > > should I do. Please brief me.
> > >
> > > reagrds
> > > prabin
> > >
> > > --- "Periyasamy, Raj"
> > <Raj.Periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> > > wrote:
> > >
> > > > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > > >
> > > > Is the user on Outlook Express workstation
> > logging
> > > > on to the domain
> > > > where Exchange server is ? If not, you may have
> > to
> > > > enable authentication
> > > > for Outgoing SMTP server.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Regards,
> > > >
> > > > Raj
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > -----Original Message-----
> > > > From: Prabin shrestha
> > [mailto:dallucha@xxxxxxxxx]
> > > > Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:31 AM
> > > > To: [ExchangeList]
> > > > Subject: [exchangelist] about the smtp
> > > >
> > > > http://www.MSExchange.org/
> > > >
> > > > I am new to the Exchange server world. I have
> > > > installed exchange server 2000 in my on of the
> > > > server.
> > > > I can send mail from exchange web mail to  local
> > > > user
> > > > and to the outer users.but using the outlook
> > > express
> > > > or any email program I can send the message to
> > > local
> > > > users only. I cannot send the mail to other
> > users.
> > > > what I have to configure. please suggest me.
> > > >
> > > > thanks
> > > > Prabin
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > __________________________________
> > > > Do you Yahoo!?
> > > > Yahoo! Mail is new and improved - Check it out!
> > > > http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > List Archives:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > > > Exchange Newsletters:
> > > > http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > > > Exchange FAQ:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > > > World of Windows Networking:
> > > > http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> > > > Leading Network Software Directory:
> > > > http://www.serverfiles.com
> > > > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
> > > > http://www.isaserver.org
> > > > Windows Security Resource Site:
> > > > http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > > > Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> > > > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> > > > http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > You are currently subscribed to this
> > > MSEXchange.org
> > > > Discussion List as:
> > > > raj.periyasamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > > To unsubscribe visit
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > > > Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > List Archives:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> > > > Exchange Newsletters:
> > > > http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> > > > Exchange FAQ:
> > > >
> > >
> >
> http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> > > > World of Windows Networking:
> > > > http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> > > > Leading Network Software Directory:
> > > > http://www.serverfiles.com
> > > > No.1 ISA Server Resource Site:
> > > > http://www.isaserver.org
> > > > Windows Security Resource Site:
> > > > http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> > > > Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> > > > Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions:
> > > > http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> > > >
> > >
> >
> ------------------------------------------------------
> > > > You are currently subscribed to this
> > > MSEXchange.org
> > > > Discussion List as: dallucha@xxxxxxxxx
> >
> === message truncated ===
> 
> 
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Tired of spam?  Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
> http://mail.yahoo.com
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> psraj@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
> http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> 
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------
> List Archives: http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Exchange Newsletters: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/newsletter.asp
> Exchange FAQ: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/larticle.asp?type=FAQ
> ------------------------------------------------------
> Other Internet Software Marketing Sites:
> World of Windows Networking: http://www.windowsnetworking.com
> Leading Network Software Directory: http://www.serverfiles.com
> No.1 ISA Server Resource Site: http://www.isaserver.org
> Windows Security Resource Site: http://www.windowsecurity.com/
> Network Security Library: http://www.secinf.net/
> Windows 2000/NT Fax Solutions: http://www.ntfaxfaq.com
> ------------------------------------------------------
> You are currently subscribed to this MSEXchange.org Discussion List as:
> johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> To unsubscribe visit
http://www.webelists.com/cgi/lyris.pl?enter=exchangelist
> Report abuse to listadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx



Other related posts: