Your Help Required

  • From: "Muhammad Ilyas" <ilyas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 20:18:33 +0500

Dear All,

We had recently deployed GFI Mail Essentials in our organization. We have
around 500 mailbox enabled users. We have selected option from GFI Mail
Essentials that this would move junk mails to INBOX\junkmail folder. Now it
is about 3 months time we had deployed this. But now we have seen that our
data base size has grown up too much in some different way. Actually this is
Priv1.stm file which has grown up to 12 GB in size. While our Priv1.edb file
is of 8 GB in size. We have come to know that users are not deleting their
junk mails. As junk mails mostly contains different fonts and .jpg files as
attachment, so Priv1.stm file has grown up abnormally. We want to delete
INBOX\junkmail folder from their mailboxes. We cannot request our users to
delete their junk mails. We want this to be transparent for our users. Is
there any way to delete this particular folder?

If you can spare few minutes from your busy schedule and help me out, I will
be very grateful to you.

We are using exchange 2000 with Sp3 (windows 2000). GFI Mailing Essentials
ver. 10.

Nice Regards,

Muhammad Ilyas