[ExchangeList] Yahoo.com Email is blocked - New Installation

  • From: <john_gitzen_ii@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:08:56 -0400

Help Listers,

You may recall I posted a question titled "Steps to install a new Server".
Well we put that server into production this weekend and now I get to fight
the fires.  In recent testing I discovered that emails going out to my
yahoo.com email address are not being received, but emails sent to my
charter.net email address are!?!  Any suggestions on what I should look for?
I looked in my DNS table and I see no problems.  I have an external
webhosting company - acomhosting.com and we did have email going through
their site, in fact my users still have the POP3 definition in their Outlook
setup, but it is at the bottom below our Mailbox.

Why one SMTP email client and not another?

John
Technology Applied