Re: X.400 question

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:36:28 -0500 (EST)


> > The recipient update effectively stopping or being slow was a problem I used
> > to have when running the trial version of 2003. Upgrading to the release
> > version fixed it fortunately. The only way I ever managed to fix this issue
> > prior to upgrading was to restart the System Attendant!!! Sometimes simply
> > syncing the domain may resolve the issue if it just a latency issue. You can
> > also try rebuilding the rebuilding or updating the RUS manually too.

yes, that turned out to be the problem!  I restarted the System Attendant
and lo and behold, the new user I had added had the right entries in the
"E-mail addresses" tab!  However the "Member of" did not seem to have
sync'd up.  I had to add the appropriate group in "Member of" manually,
even though the group is defined via recipient policies that should (I
presume) automatically re-calculate and include the new users provided the
new user fulfills the necessary recipient policy conditions (which it

I guess the next step is to contact Microsoft and get the hot fix, hope
they don;t charge me $245 for the privilege!

best regards

Other related posts: