X.400 question

  • From: "A. Michael Salim" <msalim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 14:24:09 -0500 (EST)

I have a single Exchange "stand-alone" server and there no intention of
ever connecting it to another exchange server or any other windows machine
for that matter (other than for email traffic over tcp/ip).

Do I need X.400?   I noticed under the E-mail properties of individual
users under "Active Directory Users and Groups", that some users have
X.400 configured while new users do not seem to have X.400 configured.
Does it make a difference if X.400 is not configured?  What functionality
am I missing if users are not condifured for X.400 email?