X400 connectors and MTA stack

  • From: Chris Wall <Chris.Wall@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Exchange Group on Yahoo (MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <MS_Exchange@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "ExchangeList (exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:24:25 -0400

Hello all,

   I am tasked with moving the X400 connectors and the MTA stack to a new
server in the same site.  I do not want to do this during business hours, so
can I do some prep work in advance?  Here is my possible plan - create the
new MTA Stack and the new X400 connectors on the new server. After hours
point the remote X400 connectors to the new server connectors.  Recalculate
routing.

  How long should I have to wait for the new routing tables to take effect
(only 3 remote sites) and internal mail to resume flowing?

  Does the SMTP connector have to reside on the same server as the X400
connectors in my local site?

Thanks for any info or heads up!

Chris