RE: Write access to file system

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:23:06 -0300

Heh've broke it

-----Original Message-----
From: Greg Mulholland [mailto:greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2005 10:49 PM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Write access to file system

Hi guys
Wondering if someone can help me out here. Ive come accross something
that i havent seem before and havent been able to fix or find much info
I am trying to remove our old exchange server which is also a DC. Its is
exchange 2003 sp1 as is windows (2003, but no sp1).. I have removed all
mailboxes and am ready to remove, trouble is when i go to add remove
programs and remove exchange as soon as i select the Microsoft exchange
component and try to add the  remove property to it i get the following

Multiple components cannot be assigned the requested action(s) because:
- You must have write access to the local file system
I am logged on as an enterprise admin, also with schema rights etc etc
I am hoping someone in their vast experience has seen this and or has
some idea where i should be looking.
Any help appreciated, thanks

List Archives:

The correct technical term for haggis stalking is "havering".