[ExchangeList] Re: Would an extra GC server help? - exchange 2003

  • From: "Rick Boza" <rickb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 14:16:04 -0500

Well, be aware that there are rules around what FSMO roles should coexist with a GC - specifically the Infrastructure Master should not coexist with the GC role on a DC, unless all DCs in your environment are GCs OR you are in a single domain forest.  See http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/06/15/fsmo.html for a nice write-up on this.

And there is (or should be) no special action required to "alert" the Exchange servers that a new GC exists.

Rick

On Tue, Dec 2, 2008 at 2:05 PM, ajit yadav <ajityadav82@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.msexchange.org

I also agreed with Andrew, you have to  just promote one DC as GC and exchange server will automatically discover the new GC.

Regards
Ajit kumar
Blackberry & Messaging Support Engineer