[ExchangeList] Working Entourage with Exchange 2003

  • From: "Mitul Zaveri" <mitul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 17:24:11 +0530

Dear All:

We have a setup consisting of Windows 2003 Server SP2 Enterprise Edition as
Active Directory server and another one acting as Exchange Server with
Windows 2003 Server SP2 Enterprise Edition + Exchange 2003 Server SP2
Enterprise Edition. This is setup as Hosted Exchange Environment. One of the
client wants to use MAC Pro OS X 10.4.6 and Entourage with Exchange. As per
my knowledge we require Webdav to be enabled on the Exchange Server and LDAP
port to opened to Internet. The clarifications which I am seeking here are:

1. Is is safe to enable LDAP port on the Internet?
2. Is is safe to enable WebDav?
3. How do I Retrict Directory lookups for a particular user to an OU?
4. Is there any better way to extend Entourage support in Exchange?

Thanks & Regards
Mitul Zaveri