Windows file protection

  • From: Achmad Mursalin <ach_m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 20:47:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have server windows 2000 server family original and exchange 2K.

In this morning, I get warning :

Windows File Protection :

Files that are required for windows to run properly have been replaced by
unrecognized version. To maintain system stability, windows must restore the
original versions of these files. Insert your windows 2000 server CD now,
Retry, more information, Cancel ( I must be choose ).

Event Viewer : source : Windows File Protection : Event ID : 64005

The protected system file mmcndmgr.dll was not restored to its original, valid
version because the windows file protection restorian process was cancelled by
user interaction, user name is administrator. the file version of the bad file
is 5.0.2178.1

What happened.