Windows Server 2k3 SP1 compatible with Exchange 2003 cluster?

  • From: "Osman Mahmud" <OMahmud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 11:22:58 +0600

Hello,

I have two Exchange server 2003 clusters. After installing Win 2k3 SP1
in them both of them became inaccessible. No one can access his mail
box. Server themselves showed lot of error. I was unable to open Cluster
Administrator window and lot more errors in event logs. After
uninstalling Win 2K3 SP1 every thing became normal. Now both Exchange
clusters are in live with about 250 mailboxes in each.

Currently I am facing a problem related to RPC error that restarts
servers those do not have SP1 installed. I think installing SP1 in those
servers (Exchange Clusters) will solve the problem.

I need to know if there is any special procedure to install the Win
server 2k3 SP1 in exchange clusters. Do I require any Patches or
Hot-fixes?

Please reply. Thanks lot for your earliest attention.

Best Regards,

Osman Mahmud