RE: Windows 2003 Active Directory

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 17:24:29 +1100

When I planned this upgrade I always planned for two DC's (I remember
NT4 requiring two DC's under similar situations).  Unfortunately, due to
a lack of homework and trust of the system integrator, that second DC
was also used for exchange.  If I had my time over again I would
pruchase three windows 2003 licenses, two for DC's and one for the
exchange server.

> Hardware faults can cause software corruption.
> I don't want rebooting a DC (service pack, patches) to cause
> email users to have to wait.

Hardware faults...well, my HP servers had two hard disks fail in the
last four months, so...

Thanks for your comments.

Cheers,
Adrian

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is confidential.
If received in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies of this email. Please note that any use,
dissemination, further distribution or reproduction of this
message in any form is strictly prohibited. Before opening or
using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of any attached files, our liability
is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are
those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of the Capital Transport Group.