RE: Windows 2003 Active Directory

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 16:52:52 +1100

My only gripe is that I have had to do a lot more homework for
AD/Exchange than anything previously.  Still, that's what I like.

List members have been a great help.

[back scratching OFF]

> I might go 3 steps further: After demoting, remove from
> domain, rebuild with new name, join to domain, then install
> Exchange. Yes, that adds about 4-5 hours to the job, but that
> way you can avoid weird errors that MAY (not
> will) arise down the road. I would have to say these would be
> optional steps that if you have the time would be nice to add.

This would certainly be the most thorough way of managing this process.
I certainly can make the time, and although you say that errors "MAY"
arise, I have a feeling that they will (I don't yet fully trust Windows
server technology yet, although I am coming round).

The fall back  positions are: (a) good backups; and (b) V2i Protector

Thanks for your thoughts,

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is confidential.
If received in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies of this email. Please note that any use,
dissemination, further distribution or reproduction of this
message in any form is strictly prohibited. Before opening or
using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of any attached files, our liability
is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are
those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of the Capital Transport Group.