RE: Windows 2003 Active Directory

  • From: "adrian bolzan" <abolzan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 15:17:38 +1100

Do not fear, you are not the bearer of bad news.
I have read docs (and will re-read, anyway) and queried this list, as
well.
We have two DC's, one hosting exchange.  The plan is to:
- Build another Exchange server (Exchange2) as a member server
- move mailboxes to the new server (Exchange2)
- uninstall Exchange from the DC
- demote the DC to a member server
- install exchange again on this server
- move mailboxes back to the newly installed exchange
- decommission the temporary Exchange server (Exchange2)

This leaves us with only one DC but we only have about 100 staff
accessing this DC.

Hopefully this will be a relatively smooth transition.

Cheers,
Adrian

IMPORTANT - This email and any attachments is confidential.
If received in error, please contact the sender and delete
all copies of this email. Please note that any use,
dissemination, further distribution or reproduction of this
message in any form is strictly prohibited. Before opening or
using attachments, check them for viruses and defects.
Regardless of any loss, damage or consequence, whether caused
by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of any attached files, our liability
is limited to resupplying any affected attachments.
Any representations or opinions expressed in this email are
those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those
of the Capital Transport Group.