Windows 2000 SP4. ASP.dll and .htr files

  • From: "Dinh Xuan Ngoc" <dxngoc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:59:59 +0700

Hi everyone,
I recently installed Windows 2000 SP4 on our exchange 2000
SP3 server.  With SP4, ISM.dll is no longer
supported.  The .htr extention is not forward to ASP.dll.
The problem that I'm having is asp.dll does not understand
the our .htr files.  So when using OWA, the change
password functionality no longer works.  I can go into IIS
and change it back to ism.dll and it works great, but just
displays "page not found" when .htr files are configured
to use ASP.dll.

This is exactly the problem I'm having:
us;331834

According to the article, ASP.dll should handle the .htr
request.  It does not.  I've not confirmed this problem on
two of our exchange servers and 3 other companies exchange
servers.

Any help on how to get asp.dll working correctly?

Dinh Xuan Ngoc
Hue Software Park
Tel : 84 54 823791 ext 11
Mobil : 84 913 465 189