Will i be able to roll over to a new exchange box?

  • From: "Oluwaseyi Owoeye" <OOwoeye@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2002 20:01:49 +0100

Hi guys,
I presently have a domain controller in my domain running exchange 2000 server,
but that server is running out of resources and I want to replace the server
with a more powerful server. This is what I plan to do.

1.      Install win2k Server on the new machine.
2.      Run dcpromo to make it a domain.
3.      Install Exchange 2k Server on the new machine as a member of the same
organization.
4.      Move all the mailboxes from the old server to the new server.
5.      Uninstall exchange server on the old domain controller
6.      Run dcpromo on the old server to remove it as a domain controller.
7.      Down the old server and remove it from the network.

Will these steps do and will I be able to successfully move over to the new
server without any problems?

Thanks