Where's the "per domain" relay setting?

  • From: "Robert Blomquist" <rblomquist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:01:58 -0500

On my Mail 55 server I could set Exchange to use DNS to resolve the remote
server's address and send the message directly to that server AND manually set
specific domains to relay through another mail server. This worked well for me
since other internal sites are using external IP addresses internally (DOH!!).
The only way I could get mail out to certain domains was to relay to our ISP's
mail server so it could route it properly.

I'm almost positive I had this setup on my Exchange 2000 server but switched to
all mail being relayed through a smart host. I'm now running into the problem
of many of our clients blocking our mail as spam because UUNet's servers are on
a lot of black lists and I want to change back. But for the life of me I can't
find where the setting is to specify certain domains be sent to another SMTP
server. In 5.5 I could do it on the IMS connector on the Connections tab. In
Message Delivery there is a button to specify E-Mail domain.

Where is that stinking setting, or am I crazy and 2000 never had this?

Robert Blomquist
Supervisor of Information Technology