[ExchangeList] Re: Where do I find out how to remove a Server from my domain

  • From: "John T \(lists\)" <johnlist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 14:42:39 -0800

Is/Was the server a domain controller?

John T

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John L. Gitzen II
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:34 PM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] Where do I find out how to remove a Server from my
domain

I apologize, I know this question is a little off task.  Now that I have my
replacement MS 2k3 server running Exchange 2k3, I need to remove and retire
the old MS 2k3 server and Exchange 2k3.  The exchange on this machine is
broken (won't uninstall, won't install) but regardless the machine needs to
be removed from the Domain, from DNS, from ???

I would guess there is a list for Microsoft Server 2003 and I thought the
list would know the best one(s).

Thanks all of you for your help!

John
Technology Applied