RE: Where are these files coming from?

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 08:37:52 -0500

Do a full backup.

-----Original Message-----
From: Byron Kendrick [mailto:bkendrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2004 8:36 AM
To: [ExchangeList]
Subject: [exchangelist] Where are these files coming from?

Please excuse my lack of experience.  We just put up our first Exchange
2003 server this month and began migrating mailboxes from our 5.5
I noticed a very large amount of files in the MDBDATA folder where the
priv1.edb file is.  They have names like 30000A1d.log and are all 512o
kb in size.  There are hundreds of these.  Can I get rid of these and
how should I do it.  I hate to delete something that I need.

List Archives:
World of Windows Networking: Leading
Network Software Directory: