RE: What to monitor on an Exchange 5.5 server

  • From: Naboth Semwayo <naboths@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 May 2004 15:09:23 +0200

Interesting question. I think for MX specific variables you might wanna add
things like:

outgoing queue lengths
inbound queue lenghts
(You can use your perfomance monitor to see what other counters may be of
use to you)

You might also want to set up server monitors within your MX that monitor
specific services on your MX servers. I find this very helpful in alerting
me of problems.