What the best method for setting up SMTP server?

  • From: "Andrew English" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 10:37:33 -0400

I have a Xerox WorkCentre Pro 55 which has the email option in, when you
put a document in to scan it's suppose to email the person you provide
the printer the document in PDF format.

Before I just removed the check mark from "allow all computers which
successfully authenticate to relay, regardless of the list above" and
clicked on the users leaving the Authenticated Users with the default
settings, and adding the Xerox user which in this case was
info@xxxxxxxxxx and set it up with Relay Permissions.

This has been working for a while now, but recently the Xerox has been
failing to send anything.

So what is the best way to set this up? The Xerox has its own static IP
on the network.

Thanks
Andrew