[ExchangeList] Re: What is the best way to connect a remote power user/

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:42:19 -0500

VPN?

________________________________

From: exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:exchangelist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John L. Gitzen
II
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2007 9:21 AM
To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ExchangeList] What is the best way to connect a remote power
user/

I am looking for advice on what is my best option for connecting a power
user who works from home.  He has a separate email account as well as he
is defined with an email address in my exchange.  Besides sending and
receiving email, we have Fax modem cards which route faxes to him, via
email.  I know OWA is one option, but my power user feels it is less
powerful than standard Outlook.

This user has full Outlook, so I could turn on POP3 service, but I am
wondering what that does to my local ability to backup and restore his
email?

Is it possible to set up his Outlook to be able to remotely connect to
my Exchange Server?

Thanks in advance for the help!

John
Technology Applied