Re: What Anti-Spam Solution to use?

  • From: "Keith Badler" <kbadler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 09:34:16 -0400

I have been trying out the Ihatespam software for exchange. It is
excellent. We are going to probably purchase it at the end of the trial.
A couple of minor issues came up but were worked out. Also the nice
feature that I like is, on your outlook client, a Spam Folder is set up
with a Blacklist, Quarantine and Whitelist folder. When an item is
picked up as spam the software dumps it into the users spam folder under
quarantine, or can be deleted automatically. We opt'd to let it dump
into the quarantine folder just in case something was filtered that
wasn't supposed to be. If that's the case you just move the item into
the whitelist folder and if an item went thru the spam filter and wasn't
quarantined, put it into the blacklist and it will from that point
forward be quarantined. The reporting feature is kinda lax, but that
wasn't very important and the rep I have been speaking with has told me
they are going to be fixing that. So far since we have had this product
online, it has found approx 2000-3000 emails per day that are spam and
has been extremely accurate. It has cut down the spam emails to the
client tremendously and as they have time they go thru the quarantine
folder and delete or keep the items they need. Below please find the
contact info for my Sunbelt rep.

Any further questions feel free to contact me at
kbadler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keith Badler

Sunbelt Rep:
Bob Jiantonio
Sunbelt Software
1-800-688-8404 ext. 263
fax 1-727-562-5199
tel 1-727-562-0101 ext. 263
bobj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.sunbelt-software.com

Keith Badler CIS
Buckingham Badler Associates Inc.
718-906-5330 (Direct Dial Phone)
347-252-5030 (Direct Fax)
www.bbainsurance.com
Staten Island - Long Island - New Jersey - Brooklyn