RE: Welcome Newcomers

  • From: "Wright, Steve" <SteveW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2004 19:52:33 -0500

Can anyone assist with a problem on a cluster setup?  We run exchange
2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a active/passive cluster config. At some
point a problem has occurred on the first node. The HTTP Virtual
Instance wont start. I get an error about not being able to read IP and
other info from the metabase. I went to IIS on the first node and tried
to start the website. It will not. If node 2 dies and tries to failover
it cant because the HTTP instance never starts thus it tries to kick it
back over so it's stuck in a failover loop. Anyone have an idea what
could be wrong with the HTTP part on the first node? No changes have
been made. We already have SP1 for Exchange 2003 installed. This problem
has just seemed to happed out of the blue. Any ideas anyone has will be
most appreciated. Ive searched online and have not had any luck finding
much related info. I guess I'll be in a support call on Monday with
Microsoft if noone has any clue by then

Thanks a lot