Re: Weird SMTP Problem

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 14:13:58 -0500

On 1/9/06, Rich Gallo <RGallo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This has been a problem on my Exchange 2003 server and I am not sure where
> to turn.  We have a Barracuda box set up as our Inbound/Outbound
> Gateway/Relay for email.  For some reason, every now and again, the Outbound
> Connection to my Barracuda box on Exchange gets blocked up and stops
> sending the mail through.  The queue builds up until I notice it and the only
> way
> to push the mail through is to restart the SMTP service on Exchange and it all
> goes.  Any ideas on how I should troubleshoot this problem???  Thanks again
> all!!

Besides contacting Barracuda support and/or performing a network sniff
to see if there are timeouts or network errors, I would check the
error log on the Barracuda and Exchange server.  What is the status of
these queued items?

CPDE - Certified Petroleum Distribution Engineer
CCBC - Certified Canadian Beer Consumer