RE: Webaccess security

  • From: "Walkowiak, Matt" <Matt.Walkowiak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 10:03:03 -0500

Hrmmm... To directly answer your question, Outlook Web Access (OWA) has
support for the same security you would put on any other IIS application
using .ASP.  Probably the best thing you can do is to use an SSL
Certificate to encrypt all the data and force users to use https://

Other things you can do would be to put the actual web site your users
hit on a separate IIS server, not on the same machine as Exchange.  That
way if a rouge user breaks into that server they will not automatically
be able to view data on the Exchange server.

That probably doesn't fully answer your question, but it's the best I
can offer with what you asked for...