RE: WIndows 2003 SMTP

  • From: "Mulnick, Al" <Al.Mulnick@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 11:25:48 -0500

What makes you think it's not robust enough?  Better yet, what do you mean
by 'robust'?

What types of features and functions are important to you in a smarthost?
And what made you discount routing through Exchange already?

As for it's ability, I can tell you it's quite capable of keeping up with or
even outperforming the other MTA's out there (excluding the specialized
MTA's of course).  I've made them beat several other mailers in terms of
throughput.  It's not that difficult and as a message router it's quite
capable.  The toolsets might be a barrier depending on what you're used to
and how you run things.

I think last time this thread came up it was basically that it had more to
do with preference than anything else.  That doesn't sound like what you're

Feel free to contact off-line if that's easier for you.