RE: Viruses shutting down IMS on Exchange Serv er 5 .5

  • From: Danny <nocmonkey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 16:20:08 -0400

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 12:46:36 -0700, Jason Davis <jdavis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> http://www.MSExchange.org/
>
> That's a good question... I'm assuming it's the volume, since it has not had
> this effect until lately.  Perhaps it's a particular virus that is causing
> it.  How can I tell?

Until you figure out the exact solution to the problem, please do
consider implementing a firewall, logically in-front of your Exchange
server to block malicious and virus prone attachments, and even better
- viruses - before they reach your Exchange server.

Personally, I have had positive experience with Fortinet's Fortigate
anti-virus firewalls. For a fraction of the prices of a Cisco PIX for
example, you get all of the same features and much more.

There are also systems that can be implemented with half-a-day of your
time to start out and around $100 invested into hardware. Obviously
there are better systems, though.

Feel free to email off-list if you want to explore these systems further.

...D