RE: Virtual memory fragmentation events are logged every hour on a computer that is running Exchange Server 2000

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <Mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:43:25 +0100

But we use the Standard version...

________________________________

Van: Hassan M. Shuriye [mailto:hshuriye@xxxxxxxxxx]
Verzonden: wo 14-12-2005 13:34
Aan: [ExchangeList]
Onderwerp: [exchangelist] RE: Virtual memory fragmentation events are logged
every hour on a computer that is running Exchange Server 2000

Hi;

Apply on windows 2000 Advanced Server-based computer has more than 1 GB of
physical RAM, use the /3GB switch in the Boot.ini file to give User mode
programs such as Exchange to have access to 3 GB of virtual address space. For
more information this issue, see the following article number to view the
article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

266096 Exchange 2000 requires /3GB switch with more than 1 gigabyte of physical
RAM

Important Only use the /3GB switch with the following operating systems:

*       Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter Edition
*       Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
*       Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
*       Microsoft Windows 2000 Datacenter Server
*       Microsoft Windows NT 4.0 Enterprise Server

Best Regards,

Hassan M. Shuriye
Dept. IT/DNOS Saudi Telecom
hshuriye@xxxxxxxxxx