Virtual memory Fragmented on Exchange 2000

  • From: "Mark Meelhuysen" <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 08:39:28 -0600

Hello everybody,

I gen the next warning every hour. Microsoft has an Hotfix available for
this problem, but in combination with an error that has exactly the same
description as the warning below. I already have the hotfix, but wanted to
check first if anyone else have had this problem before. I already tried
restarting the Exchange IS service and the other services but the warning
keeps coming back every hour. Is there someone who has seen this warning
before and knows a solution?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

With kind regards,

Mark Meelhuysen

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   MSExchangeIS
Event Category: Performance
Event ID:       9582
Date:           12-07-2005
Time:           15:19:06
User:           N/A
Computer:       DC-SHOEBY2
The virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented  in
such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended
that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue.