Virtual Servers won't start.

  • From: "Mike Dufoe" <dufoem@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 11:39:42 -0400

Good day gurus,

Exchange 2000 with all up to dates service packs...etc on Win2k box with all

Here's the scenario.  In the services, all Exchange Services state their
started.  When I go into the Exchange System manager and look at the POP3 and
IMAP virtual servers, they are stopped.  Try to start them and get the
following in the event viewer.

Event ID 105
Source POP3SVC
The server was unable to register the administration tool discovery
information.  The administration tool may not be able to see the server.  The
data is the error code.

Event ID 115
Source POP3SVC
The service could not bind instance 1.  The data is the error code.

I've been trying to find a solution but not having much luck.  Anyone give me
some pointers on how to get these virtual servers backup and running.  All
other virtual servers are running ok.

Mike Dufoe
System Administrator
ETI Canada Inc.

Ó¿Õ Who's Watching Your Network? Ó¿Õ

The information contained in this message may be confidential or protected from
use or disclosure by law. Any distribution, unauthorized use or copying is
strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender and delete the email.