Virtual Mem settings

  • From: "Paul Deen" <pdeen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 16:42:05 -0500

Hello,

 I have an Exchange 2003 Standard Edition running on Windows 2003 Server
Standard Edition with 2GB of RAM.

I also do have the /3GB and USERVA=3030 switches in the boot.ini

Exchange server is installed to my F:\.

I currently have my swap file of min/max: 4096MB set to my X:\ which I
created for the purpose, instead of on my C:\

In the place were you can set the size of the swap file, it says it
recommends: 3070 but I have it currently at 4096

Because I am trying to fix the problem I will describe below, but
apparently adding more virtual memory did not indeed fix the problem.

When I go to the Windows Task Manager, on the Performance Tab, it shows
PF Usage is 5.81GB.

I have roughly only 50users (mailboxes) and my priv1.edb is 4GB and the
priv1.stm is 2.6GB.

Can anyone offer me advice as to why I keep getting this error and how
do I fix it?

Thanks!

Error:

Event Type:      Information

Event Source:   Application Popup

Event Category:            None

Event ID:          26

Date:                9/22/2004

Time:                2:56:47 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:         KAI

Application popup: Windows - Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low : Your
system is low on virtual memory. Windows is increasing the size of your
virtual memory paging file. During this process, memory requests for
some applications may be denied. For more information, see Help.

The message represents the personal views and opinion of the individual
sender and under no circumstances represents those of Hutchison Port
Holdings Limited ("HPH") or its Group Companies. The shareholders,
directors and management of HPH and any of its Group Companies accept no
responsibility and accordingly shall have no liability to any party
whatsoever with respect to the contents of this message.

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of
the addressee(s) named above. It may contain information that is
PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL and should not be read, copied or otherwise
used by any other person.

use, retention, disclosure, copying, printing, forwarding or