RE: Versions of Outlook with Exchange 2003

  • From: "Robert Lawson" <rlawson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 07:21:59 -0700

Mike,
  On our campus, the biggest gain for email client on upgrading to Exchange
2003 was the improved OWA.  OWA is now a viable web-based email client we use
on & off campus.  When Office "breaks", all users are expected to use OWA until
Office can be fixed or PC needs to be re-ghosted (1-5 working days).
  Outlook 2003 with "Exchange cache" is what our remote campus uses, which
addresses network latency.  However, the cache introduces its own set of
issues, like address book not refreshing.
Thanks, Robert

Robert Lawson
Senior Database Administrator/email administrator
Soka University of America
1 University Drive
Aliso Viejo, CA. 92656
main: 949.480.4000 fax: 949.480.4001