Veritas Backup with Exchange Agent

  • From: "Knutsen, Vicki" <vickik@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ExchangeList]" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 07:30:32 -0700

List
I hope this does not sound like a dumb question but I have been looking at
the Exchange website and am not able to find the answer I am looking for so I
hope you will all know.

I backup our Exchange 2000 server with Veritas - we do have the Exchange
Agent but what option is the best to use for open files - I understand that
the Exchange logs are always changing so the files are open - but do you put
a lock on them? I don't think I want it to skip the open files -

If you can help- I would sure appreciate the answer here!
Thanks in advance - I am learning all the time.

Vicki Knutsen
Information Systems Administrator
Northwest District LCMS - www.nowlcms.org
1-888-693-5267 ext 129