[ExchangeList] Re: Various Exchange services won't start automatically

  • From: "Michael B. Smith" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 16:59:31 -0400

Item 1 is a known issue. It's due to a dependency change. It wouldn't
surprise me to see that fixed soon (where "soon" is the next rollup or two).

I don't know anything about forefront, but I can tell you right now that I
wouldn't install a production Exchange 2007 server with less than 4 GB of
RAM and if it's hosting multiple roles, I would look at least at 8 GB. You
say "small domain", which is fine, I actually run my home domain on a 2 GB
RAM machine - but I've only got 8 mailboxes and I run a/v on my Edge server!
I guess what I'm telling you is that 2 GB isn't enough.

Regards,

Michael B. Smith

MCITP:EM/MCSE/Exchange MVP

http://TheEssentialExchange.com