VB MailLite getting "400Time out waiting host reply"

  • From: "Maglinger, Paul" <PMAGLINGER@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ExchangeList]'" <exchangelist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:32:17 -0500

We are running Exchange 5.5 SP4 and have a Windows server which uses a
Visual Basic program called MailLite to send notifications via smtp mail.
We have started getting the following error in the VB log file:

400Time out waiting host reply

Other email in the company seems to be fine, no delays or anything.  Has
anyone seen this error and can provide insight?  Is anyone else using
MailLite?  We're thinking about changing the conntimeout to something like
120 to see what happens.  I have tried to get to the home page for MailLite,
but it was a Geocities site and is no longer valid.

Thanks!

Paul Maglinger
Systems Administrator
Shoe Carnival, Inc.